Thursday, March 16, 2017

A New Addition!

I'm excited again to report some wonderful news - a new baby boy has joined the Abeles ranks, as Peter Auden Abeles was born on February 26!   Mom and baby are doing very well!


As we had hoped, Lil' Pete was quickly adopted by his sister and brother, both of whom are thrilled.  It is a busy, busy time, but we have lots of love and support.


Susie and Teddy both spend a lot of time helping with the new little one, and it's adorable, although Pete could sometimes maybe use a bit of space.


In all seriousness, Susie is a great helper and loves her little-little baby brother!


Darker news, poorly timed, is that I need disc replacement surgery.  I have an acute herniation of the C5/C6 disc which had been causing significant back and shoulder pain on my right side, and recently led to weakness in my hand and numbness in my right thumb.  Scary stuff.  Surgery was urgently scheduled for 3/9, and I am so thankful for the fact that it could not have gone better.  I feel much better already!

More OC progress coming soon!
~RGDave

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You guys can operate a five man crew now. And sorry to hear about the back issue, hope that mends quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ben, all is going as well as can be expected, and my back is healing ahead of schedule. I appreciate the support!

      Delete