Monday, September 24, 2012

Lighting Changes

Moving forward, I have decided that some lighting changes are needed for the Onondaga Cutoff.

While I like the halogen-bulb track lighting that I installed some 6 years ago, it leaves several dark areas and also casts a decidedly yellow light on the railroad.  This is good for photography, as you have seen for several years.  However, for operations, more is needed.  Further, the late-summer and early-fall light I'm looking for also is a cooler light temperature, meaning it appears more blue.

So, I am installing LED strips behind a top valence to accomplish some new effects.  Here, the LED's are installed and are 'emitting' brightly:
 

The Camillus area at Nine Mile Creek, with the new lights:


We will see how this goes with additional scenery.  I may hang some sort of diffuser on the edge of the valence, as that will help the blue fade from bright to dark in a more even manner.  In any case I think it's a neat effect.

As the days get shorter, and the baby gets older, there will be more developments on the railroad!

~RGDave


No comments:

Post a Comment